Cupping is a traditional Chinese Medicine treatment. Circular glass cups are placed onto the body using heat. The suction of the heat pulls the skin upwards into the cup and are left there for a period of time. The treatment increases blood flow which will reduce inflammation, promote healing and reduce muscle tension and tightness.
An excellent treatment to relieve back pain, tightness and stress. The cups can leave a mark on the skin that can look like a bruise, this is due to old stagnant blood circulating in the body. These marks will take a few days to disappear. Cupping is a very popular treatment for many different problems and concerns.
Benefits of Cupping:
- Loosen up tight muscles
- Rid toxins in the body
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Increase and encourage blood flow
- Excellent for high blood pressure as it sedates the nervous system
- Helps relieve headaches and migraines
- Great for fatigue
- A perfect compliment after a remedial or deep tissue massage
- Perfect for sports people or very tight muscles
- Massage and cupping combined is also great for depression